Associate Solutions Architect
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This role requires managing the technical requirements of major telecom equipment manufactures and telecom operators. You will leverage the Open Infrastructure Foundation’s StarlingX project to deliver geographically distributed, high-performance, production grade Kubernetes-based solutions for managing edge cloud infrastructure. Optimized for the network edge, the solutions you will support address service provider’s complex challenges of deploying and managing a physically distributed, cloud native edge infrastructure.
You must have experience in software engineering with a strong focus on networking. You must be capable of understanding the customer’s problems and whiteboarding solutions using our product offerings and services. You should also know and have lived through commercial software project development cycles and have a good understanding of project management. Some amount of travel will be required.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to Director, Cloud Solutions Engineering
You will be an integral part of the telecom solutions engineering & architects’ team you will work with specialized telco Account Managers (AM)/Directors and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our Telco Operators/CSPs by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services, and solutions
You will collaborate with telco account team, engineering, product management, and other member from the solutions engineering team.
- Manage all technical needs of assigned Telecom Equipment Manufacture and Telecom Operator account utilizing all available resources.
- Serve as a single technical point of contact, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River solutions expert.
- Listen to customer’s needs then Architect, Develop and deliver Proof of Concepts, Demos, and Presentations.
- Understand the customer use cases and help develop part of the POC or Demo.
- Exhibit leadership skills during customer requirements analysis and creating technical solutions as well as identifying potential business opportunities.
- Understanding and contributing to relevant Open source standards and community projects is a must. Participation in open-source projects will be business needs.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
- Remove technical barriers for Wind River solutions.
- Increase Wind River market share with each customer.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Be hands-on in the development of customer’s proof of concepts (PoCs), extending product features, and testing code.
- Experience in open-source projects such as OpenStack, StarlingX, Akraino, and ONAP is a benefit. However, the ability and desire to contributed to these projects while representing the company is a must.
- Feel comfortable been in front of customers, and presenting with confidence. Technical pre-sales experience is a benefit.
- Able to work independently in Customer location/Labs.
The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of software development or solutions architecting experience in the following areas:
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing, etc.
- Knowledge of wireless/cellular telecom, and 5G edge deployments is a benefit.
- Expertise in virtualization, containers, Kubernetes, and cloud-native technologies.
- Exposure to SDN concepts, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and ETSI-MANO is a benefit.
- Linux background covering deployment, image build, application, and kernel development.
- Adept at various programming languages: C++/C, scripting languages like Python, Perl, etc.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.