Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for the Internet of Things. The company has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981, and its technology is found in more than 2 billion products. Wind River offers a comprehensive portfolio of solutions for addressing the system-level challenges and opportunities of IoT that is backed by world-class global professional services, award-winning customer support, and a broad partner ecosystem. Wind River delivers the software and expertise that enable the innovation and deployment of safe, secure, and reliable intelligent systems.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join the Wind River Education Services team – part of Wind River’s Customer Success organization. You will join a team of dynamic, dedicated, and experienced content developers responsible for the constant evolution of the education offerings provided to Wind River’s customers. Come participate in developing customer education materials with the team!
Who You Will Work With:
The Technical Writer will work in the very collaborative Education Services team together with engineers, writers, and media producers. You’ll work with other teams including information development and product engineering. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Education Services.
- Work alone and with the team to write technical training material.
- Perform editorial review of content created by subject matter experts.
- Produce training deliverables.
- Become familiar with using Wind River products.
- Keep up with product roadmaps for one or more Wind River products.
- Develop working relationships with subject matter experts outside of the Education Services team.
- Edit, review, and proof scripts for eLearning videos.
- Become familiar with in-house tools and practices to produce training materials and contribute to improvements.
- Maintain currency in the field of technical writing.
Qualifications / Skills:
- BA/BS, or college certificate in technical communication or related discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation preferred
- Previous work experience with writing for software developers or an IT audience preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.