Senior Cloud Containers Software Developer
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we have the opportunity to work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and fast-paced Open Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications.
Interface & Collaboration
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced software engineer for a position developing software for the Wind River Cloud product. Development will involve software that integrates with Cloud Native Computing technologies including Kubernetes, docker, containerd, Kata, Calico, Helm, etc. You will work with a strong development and QA team in a fast paced agile environment as well as with customer facing teams to ensure a high level of product quality to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Contribute designs and software for a highly available, high performance, carrier grade, Kubernetes based product.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes, docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, Ceph, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade end to end system.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Contributions to the open source community would be an asset.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in software development with at least 2 years development on cloud software.
- Experience with containers and/or cloud based technologies including Kubernetes and OpenStack.
- Excellent programming skills using Python and C/C++. Experience with the Go language is an asset.
- Exposure to other languages (Ansible, Puppet, SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset.
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Experience with software development on Linux.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.