Field Application Engineer Industrial
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River® is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of critical infrastructure systems in industrial market sectors with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
You will work closely with a dedicated account manager on industrial accounts and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services and expertise.
Interface & Collaboration
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you to achieve your strategic vision and revenue goals. This will include pre-sales technical experts, professional services, management, post-sales technical support and dedicated sales administration.
- You will engage with both internal and external senior executives to review business.
- EMEA industrial sales teams within Wind River, collaborating on best practices, sales enablement and tools to effectively execute company goals and revenue targets.
- Marketing teams, to create strategic campaigns, providing feedback on previous campaigns and asset effectiveness.
- Field Account Teams and Inside Account Executives to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies that are tailored to account / vertical market needs.
- Serve as technical point of contact, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River solutions expert.
- Listen to customer’s needs, analyze their requirements, and architect solutions utilizing Wind River portfolio, and present value proposition.
- Manage the technical needs of industrial accounts utilizing all available resources to effectively address customer product lifecycle needs.
- Develop account plans with the account manager, execute successfully, and increase Wind River market share with each customer.
- Represent Wind River at trade shows and seminars and be willing to give presentations/talks at seminars and conferences.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- You must have experience in embedded software engineering, preferably within industrial sectors. You should be capable of understanding customers’ problems and be able to white-board solutions using our product offerings and services.
- You should also know and have experience of software project development cycles and have a good understanding of project management.
- Some travel within Sweden, EMEA and occasionally to the US will be required.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of software development or solutions architecting, with experience in the following areas:
- Experience in embedded Linux. Yocto Linux experience is highly preferred although not mandatory.
- Experience in real-time operating systems (RTOS). Knowledge in VxWorks or other RTOS is appreciated.
- Experience in Virtualization and Cloud Computing software desirable.
- Programming skills in C or C++ language essential, and experience or interest in the following also desirable: Python, Rust, Ada, etc.
- Knowledge of safety-critical software development standards desirable (ISO 26262, IEC-61058).
- Knowledge of industrial trends and standard (Industry 4.0, OPAF…) desirable.
- At least 2+ years of technical pre-sales experience.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area.
- Fluency in English.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.