Senior Member of Technical Staff - Security Architect
Position Title: Senior Member Technical Staff – Security Architect – Professional Services
Location: Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ / San Diego, CA / Alameda, CA / Kanata, ONT
Summary: Wind River Professional Services has been helping clients implement good ideas for more than 20 years. For any technical or business challenge, our Professional Services team offers a valuable blend of skills, contacts, knowledge, intellectual property, flexible resources, design processes, tools, and a CMMI level 3-project management methodology to get the job done.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Member Technical Staff (SMTS) Security Architect is a technical leader responsible for systems architecture, design and implementation of embedded security software. The Security Architect is required to independently formulate direction given system requirements and has outstanding decision making skills and judgment.
The Security Architect is a “customer facing” position involving customer interaction during presales negotiations, architecture discussions, requirements definitions, architecture tradeoff analysis, determine project feasibility, and prepare project definitions. The Security Architect establishes technical credibility and assists in sale of architecture, and proposed features to customer.
The Security Architect also contributes to the development and troubleshooting of complex projects. The position requires solid people skills to actively influence the project team and direct interaction with customers.
Who You Will Work With:
- The entire Professional Services team, including Directors, Project Managers and Members of Technical Staff.
- You will also be the primary Security solutions interface with Wind River's Technology office and Product Engineering.
- Promote PS Security offerings to WR sales teams
- Lead consulting teams and customers in engagements to deliver Wind River’s Security solutions.
- Support team members regarding the design of secure software systems
- Security Threat Assessment, Risk Analysis, Risk Mitigation
- Security Requirements Engineering
- Security System Design, Software Analysis, and Qualification
- Identification and specification of new security service offerings
- Develop and present points-of-view on new security issues and technologies
- Participate in security standards groups and conferences
- Identify Security market trends in Standards and Technologies
The successful candidate will possess a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related subject area (or equivalent experience) and 10 plus years of embedded software design experience. Prior experience in a “customer-facing” role, strong embedded application and real-time operating systems (RTOS) background required. Strong written and oral communication skills; a successful track record of delivering projects on time; and a high level of self-motivation are required.
The SMTS utilizes excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing detailed design documents and developing formal proposals based on analysis of customer requirements.
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience in the areas of software engineering, 5+ years of experience in security-related software architecture, design and/or implementation.
- Demonstrated software programming proficiency with the ability to create and explain code examples.
- Familiarity with complex, product level embedded software architectures, APIs and toolkits.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative situations.
- Self-managed, fast learner and some project management capabilities.
- Ability to brainstorm and represent competing ideas simultaneously.
- Desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Passionate about end-to-end systems that improve the world.
Desired experience within the embedded security domain includes:
- Information Security and concepts of security: confidentiality, integrity and availability of data
- Embedded Systems Security vs. Cyber security
- Common Criteria / Engineering Assurance Level
- Software Security for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Encryption / Decryption concepts
- Risk Management Framework
- SSH, SSL / TLS, IPsec/IKE
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2, 140-3
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) / NIST 800-53
- Prior work with security agencies a plus
- Past or current security clearance a plus.
- MS preferred
- 10% travel required
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.