Product Manager/Owner - Cloud Security
US CITIZENS ONLY
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
It’s an exciting time to join Wind River as we accelerate digital transformation across multiple industries including Aerospace & Defense, Telecommunications, Industrial, Automotive, and Medical!
As a Product Manager for Cloud Security, you will own security products and solutions focused on protecting cloud native services and the data they use. In this role, you will advocate for customers, develop customer profiles, identify customer scenarios, define requirements, and establish cloud security product roadmaps. This role requires a passion for building outstanding products that deliver business value and exceptional user experience to customers. The ideal candidate will be eager to work with high-caliber engineers in a dynamic, fast pace growth environment.
Interface & Collaboration
Our product line is focused on securing data, services and protecting customer IP from edge to cloud across Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Industrial and Commercial mission critical markets.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with our engineering, sales, and marketing teams on strategies and roadmaps for building highly secure and robust cloud products that meet market and user demands. You will engage with customers, partners, leadership, and services teams, leveraging your technical, analytical and product-building skills to create impactful customer experiences. Strong communication and collaboration skills will be key to your success in delivering high quality products and solutions that drive revenue opportunities.
- Assess the state of the cloud security space across markets to form and refine your product suite hypothesis – including market trends, competitors, leading scenarios, ecosystem partners and customers.
- Independently identify significant opportunities in cloud security product development, build consensus around roadmaps and determine metrics for success.
- Develop product strategies and roadmaps based on data, research and market analysis.
- Drive product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of the broader strategies and goals of Wind River.
- Understand Wind River’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with our mission and recognized best in the industry.
- Collaborate, educate, and refine your strategy with product management, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Champion your product suite roadmap within Wind River, in relevant verticals and within the security community.
- Deliver security products to market through close collaboration with engineering teams.
- Work with sales and marketing to present cloud security products at industry conferences and events, as well as customer and partner meetings.
- Make day-to-day decisions to shape the product with the development team. Refine stories, prioritize features, triage bugs and hone the product value proposition.
- Leverage diplomacy, integrity, and presence to enable you to work effectively at all levels within a large organization.
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and flexibility to jump in and roll-up your sleeves when the situation demands.
- Proactively engage with the customer; actively listen to their challenges and help craft appropriate solutions that meet their requirements.
- Identity and drive product, organizational, and process opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership during existing planning and engineering cycles to prioritize strategic projects.
- Balance long term strategic needs with day-to-day improvements to drive organizational KPIs.
- Develop documentation to support each owned initiative lifecycle, including requirements gathering, roadmaps and go to market.
- Own stakeholder feedback loops and reporting to inform cross divisional groups within the organization.
- Work closely with customer facing and market analyst teams to verify and validate business assumptions to better define engineering priorities.
- Collaborate with other product managers to coordinate their roadmaps to ensure product and solutions success.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to develop positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Serve as an evangelist to inform and educate Wind River users.
- Build relationships and regularly communicate with the Sales, Professional Services, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Documentation, and Customer Success teams.
- Advocate for building secure by design and secure by default Wind River products through systematic analysis with peer cloud product owners.
- 6+ years of security experience in Product Management, Program Management or Engineering in a software development environment
- Experience building security products or functionality and/or experience running a security process/practice
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following vertical markets: Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, Telco, Medical, Automotive
- Knowledge of cloud native architectures, best practices, guidelines, and industry standards
- Thorough understanding of API security, web app security, cloud and container security risks and countermeasures
- Demonstrated competence in gathering market and competitive information and assimilating this into a cohesive product strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering)
- Industry recognized security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP)
- Customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly, to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience – including comfort with public speaking experience
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and the ability to translate those skills into a proven track record in delivering successful, award winning online products
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.