Field Applications Engineer
Field Application Engineer, Telco/Networks,
Embedded Software Solutions
Location: Kista, Sweden
Job Type: Regular, full-time
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
The Wind River sales team are a power-house in our organization, ensuring customers engage in collaborative & strategic, long-term partnerships, allowing them to unlock the full potential of Wind River solutions. We strive to become the premier provider of solutions & services with customers, engaging at senior management level, in a visionary capacity.
What you’ll do:
You'll have the opportunity to work with the leading provider of integrated embedded software and networks solutions, you will manage all technical needs of some of the major companies in the networking and cloud services industries. You will work closely with Account managers and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services and expertise.
You must have experience with Telco software engineering, be capable of understanding the customer’s problems and be able to white-board solutions using our product offerings and services.
You should also know and have lived through commercial software Project Development Cycles and have a good understanding of project management.
- Manage all technical needs of account utilizing all available resources.
- Manage technical resources to effectively manage customer product life-cycle needs.
- Serve as a single technical point of contact, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River networking solutions expert.
- Exhibit leadership skills during customer requirements analysis and creating technical solutions.
- Develop territory and regional (multi-site) account plans with the Account managers and execute successfully.
- Listen to customer’s needs, architect solutions and present value proposition.
- Create, coordinates demos or PoC (Proof of Concepts) to ensure technical win.
- Manage Trade Shows and Seminars.
- Give talks and participate to technical conferences.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
- Remove technical barriers for Wind River solutions.
- Increase Wind River market share with each customer.
Some amount of travel will be required.
Who You Will Work With:
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you and your Account Manager to achieve your strategic vision and revenue goals. This will include other pre-sales technical experts, professional services, management and post-sales technical support colleagues.
- Collaboration with colleagues in both the global Field Application Engineering team & other sales colleagues in the Telco vertical on best practices, sales enablement and tools to effectively execute company goals and revenue targets
What are the Requirements?
- The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of software development or solutions architecting experience in the following areas:
- Strong Linux background covering usage, administration, (distribution) building and development (kernel)
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing etc.,
- Fundamental wireless/cellular Telecom knowledge
- Experience in network system level solution design.
- Experience in Virtualization and Cloud Computing software (e.g. Openstack).
- Understanding of Cloud Native concepts.
- Experience in Container technologies and Management (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm…)
- Exposure to SDN concepts, Network Virtualization and Openflow is a plus.
- Programming skills in various programming languages: C++/C (desired), scripting languages, etc.
- Experience with high performance centralized and distributed packet switching systems
- Technical expertise.
- At least 2+ years of technical pre-sales experience.
- Comfort and confidence in front of customers
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area
Why Choose Wind River?
Have you been on an airplane or used a cell phone recently? Chances are you didn’t even realize that Wind River’s products are making it happen. How about a trip to Mars? This is second time around for Wind River. Interested in joining the world leader in safe, secure & reliable Operating Systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? We have a spot for you.
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Want to work on the systems that will be in the next jet (commercial or defense), autonomous car, AI robotics, or space craft? Want the opportunity to be challenged and grow professionally? Then join Wind River today!
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 30 days annual holiday + Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Pension plan, Health Care Cover, Life Assurance, Work Injury Insurance and Travel Insurance
- Preventive Health Care allowance
- Glasses for VDU
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.