Embedded Engineer - Professional Services(Simics)
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Professional Services has been helping clients implement great innovations, increase ROI and reduce time to market for almost 40 years. We have an excellent opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer working on cutting-edge development projects using Simics simulation, VxWorks real-time operating system (RTOS) development, and Linux RTOS development.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills in the development of embedded software for embedded hardware systems. The job requires solid people skills for interaction with customers and Wind River services project teams. The qualified candidate will be self-driven with relevant embedded software experience that can be applied to a variety of new processors and peripheral devices. Your contributions in the role will play a critical part in our North American Professional Services team helping our customers create mission-critical Aerospace & Defense systems.
- Develop Simics simulation device models using DML, C++, and Python.
- Adapt target software like VxWorks and Linux to run on Simics simulations.
- Debug and resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Establish a deep understanding of Simics customer needs and leverage those insights to provide outstanding solutions.
- Manage ongoing issues, system configuration, and testing for Wind River Projects.
- Provide direct assistance to customer teams with design, implementation, and validation of embedded software, e.g. Board Support Packages (BSP) for custom and/or COTS embedded hardware systems.
- Provide customer onsite support (up to 20% domestic travel).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent in a related subject area.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded software development, a significant portion focused on device driver development for systems using an RTOS like Linux.
- Experience with low-level embedded SW (e.g. BSPs and device drivers) development, debugging/troubleshooting, and associated environments (e.g Workbench, Eclipse).
- Software development experience on one or more common embedded processor types (PowerPC, MIPS, x86, ARM, etc.)
- C/C++ programming experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a track record of completing software development tasks on time.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- Solid decision-making skills and judgment – can be depended upon to meet goals, foresee and avert problems.
- Should be a hands-on type of person with the initiative to dive in and do whatever is necessary to get the task completed.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with simulation technologies like Simics, System-C, or QEMU.
- Experience with Multicore, Virtualization, and Hypervisor architectures.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 401K with Company Match
- Technical Training
- The ability to work on really cool next-generation technologies and projects
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.