Product Support Engineer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your expertise and knowledge of networking, telecom, and cloud services technologies to provide technical and product support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing the Wind River Cloud Platform. In a dynamic, customer facing environment, you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary functions will include Technical/Product Support, Software Upgrades and Patching, and recovering systems during full or partial outages on a live carrier network. Role will evolve to include activities such as solution validation, software validation, account support, Methods and Procedures development, knowledge transfers, internal training, etc. It is critical that the individual in this role be constantly developing and deepening his/her expertise in the Wind River Cloud Platform and industry technologies to become true product experts for both internal and external customers.
Interface & Collaboration
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Direct Technical Support in support of customer requirements/SLA’s
- Software Upgrades and Patching
- Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers
- Product expertise, interface into Tier 3 organization (Eng.)
- Develop and maintain lab environment
- Mentor and train others in the organization
- Become technical escalation point for Tier 1 organization supporting customer SLA’s
- BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, plus five years of experience minimum
- Expertise in virtualization and cloud computing
- Experience working with container/Kubernetes technologies
- Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers)
- Demonstrated success consulting with customers resolving complex problems
- Exposure to SDN, Network Function Virtualization
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing etc.
- Fundamental wireless/cellular telecom knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes high pressure, customer facing environment
- Ability to travel to both customer and internal Wind River sites
Benefits & Perks:
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in the Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies delivered twice a week
- Bagel’s every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf course
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.