What you’ll do
Wind River Systems is in search of a Technical Writer as part of our Information Development department. The position is based in Kanata, Ontario.
The Information Development department is responsible for developing customer success assets including product documentation, customer training, and multimedia eLearning for software engineers using Wind River’s suite of embedded software solutions.
- Write user-centric, task-oriented documentation for Wind River software products
- Work in DITA XML to develop new content, adapt open source content, and update existing content to enable customers to be successful with our products
- Actively engage with development and test engineers to gain hands-on experience with the product in order to create content and verify tutorials / procedures
- Interview subject-matter experts, participate in review meetings, and collaborate with technical writers and engineers locally and in various other geographic locations to create and update content
- 1+ years of experience in technical writing or training and education for a technical audience.
- BA, BS, or equivalent in English or communications with strong technical skills
- Ability to organize information, learn complex concepts, and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful completion of a secondary or post-secondary computer programming course, or equivalent experience
- Experience with DITA XML authoring or similar structured writing environment
- Experience with multimedia video and web communication
- Experience working in an agile programming environment
- Ability to work with colleagues across geographic locations and time zones (e.g. Europe and Asia) and flexibility in working hours to accommodate meetings with them
- C/C++ Programming Language literacy
- Comfortable using Linux or other UNIX computer operating system
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.