Member of Technical Staff - Software Engineer
Member of Technical Staff – Software Engineer
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Member of Technical Staff candidate must have proven skills in design and implementation of BSPs and drivers for embedded hardware systems. The candidate must have proven skills for writing detailed design documents. The job requires solid people skills for a positive influence on the project team. The job requires knowledge of a variety of processor architectures, busses, peripheral devices and communication protocols. The qualified candidate must be able to apply prior knowledge to quickly troubleshoot complex problems over a wide range of services projects.
You must have experience in software engineering with a strong focus on embedded hardware systems. You must be capable of understanding the customer’s problems and whiteboarding solutions using our product offerings and services. You should also know and have lived through commercial software project development cycles and have a good understanding of project management. Some amount of travel will be required, COVID permitting.
- Design, and implementation of Board Support Packages (BSP) for custom or COTS embedded hardware systems.
- Design, implementation and test low level drivers for a variety of peripheral devices commonly used in embedded hardware systems.
- Implement, port or extend device high-level drivers, libraries or communication protocols
- Support customer hardware bring up of custom embedded hardware systems.
- Provide customer support for application integration, problem resolution or Wind River tool usage.
The successful candidate must have experience in software development for embedded hardware and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A customer-focus mindset coupled with strong technical and communication skills are a must.
The ideal candidate should have 10+ years of software development or solutions architecting experience in the following areas:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related subject area
- Minimum of 7 years of BSP and peripheral driver/library development experience
- Strong experience in custom embedded hardware bring up
- Strong software design experience
- Strong C language knowledge
- Self motivated & independent worker
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experienced with virtualization technologies (VxWorks, hypervisors)
- Software development experience on multiple common embedded processor types (X86, ARM, etc.)
- Familiar or experienced with the following busses or peripherals: PCI, USB, IDE, Pccard, IIC, SCSI, Ethernet, NVRAM, UARTs, RTC.
- Knowledge of consumer and industrial devices, automotive and/or defense and/or civilian aeronautical standards a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communications skills
- Highly adaptable to cross-cultural requirements (clients and countries).
- Ability to travel and work remotely.
- Travel at short notice availability required up to 30%
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.