Engineering Program Manager
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
What you’ll do:
As a Engineering Program Manager (ePM) you will have the opportunity to work with Wind River’s Engineering and Product Management Teams on a broad range of products, projects and initiatives that will directly impact our company’s velocity, agility and market penetration. The ePM plays a pivotal role in building consensus, structuring the content and schedule, executing on releases, and implementing positive change. In this role you will also be interacting with External Partners, Vendors and Contractors to coordinate partner sourcing and project manage joint programs.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will work with nearly all groups within Wind River as products. and initiatives are shepherded from inception to delivery. This includes supporting existing in-flight programs and driving new initiatives.
- The position will also involve coordination of external vendors and partners.
- This position will report to the Director of Engineering Program Management.
Including but not limited to:
- Coordinate Internal Stakeholders responsible for partner sourcing to facilitate evaluation of partners and subsequent contract process.
- Coordinate with External Vendors and Partners during the procurement and negotiation process.
- Driving schedule and content commitments between Engineering, External Partners and Vendors and Product Management.
- Plan, co-ordinate and lead software development planning activities with multi-disciplinary, geographically distributed teams – from initial scope, through initial releases, to rolling updates.
- Work with internal and external contributors to track and report on status of overall program.
- Coordinate interactions with certification bodies.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are well informed of objective, scope and timelines of the planned deliverables.
- Identify and resolve impediments, risk, dependencies, and scope changes.
- Maintain engagement with business teams, product owners, and technical leads to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Create an environment allowing mutual influence, collaboration, and self-organization
- 5+ years of agile software program management experience, in a SAAS or embedded environment
- Strong understanding of phase/gate and agile development methodologies and tools
- Must be a self-starter, collaborative and strong team player
- Experience with project management for software to be used in safety critical environments an asset
- Experience in safety certified programs preferred, such as in Automotive, Aerospace or Defense.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.