Sr Manager, Project Management - Services
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems. Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking a mid-career project manager for a position leading projects of both cloud and edge-based systems.
This position serves as an integral part of the Professional Services team who enables Wind River’s Studio vision for a broad range of automotive customers. We are in a dynamic, fast-paced industry where you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact while helping to delight our customers!
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled Professional Services team helping clients implement great innovations, increase ROI and reduce time to market for more than 30 years.
For any technical or business challenge, our Professional Services team offers a valuable blend of skills, contacts, knowledge, intellectual property, flexible resources, design processes, and a CMMI level 3 project management methodology, globally, across a wide range of industries.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to the Director of Services Delivery for our Cloud Service Providers, you will be an integral part of the services solutions team.
You will collaborate across multiple teams including Engineering, Customer Support and Sales in order to enable success for our customers. Reporting directly to Director of CSP Services, you will be major contributor to the services solutions team.
- Manage projects through the assigned technical staff, measured by completion of the design project within time and budget parameters to meet contract requirements.
- Coordinate the definition of project specifics, deliverables, and estimate scope, duration, and level or effort of proposed work, in conjunction with the technical staff.
- Responsible for the definition and development of the complete quote based on concise, well-defined descriptions of work to be performed, in conjunction with the account manager.
- Work with the commercial sales Account Manager, Business Development and Technical Pre-Sales Teams on project structure, project feasibility, cost, schedule, deliverables, and requirements for Statement of Work and Proposal.
- Conduct proposal presentations to customers in conjunction with the Sales Team.
- Ensures compliance of development with internal or/and external Quality Standards.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction including the evaluation of customer needs. throughout the lifetime of a project, together with Sales field staff.
- Responsible to meet internal and external milestones on delivery to customer.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Be hands-on in the development of customer’s proof of concepts (POCs), extending product features, and testing code.
- Experience in open-source projects such as OpenStack, StarlingX, Kubernetes, and ONAP is a benefit. However, the ability and desire to contribute to these projects while representing the company is a must.
- Technical Pre-sales Experience, comfort, and confidence in front of customers
- Able to work independently in Customer location/Labs.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of software development or solutions architecting experience in the following areas:
- Working/functional knowledge of network stacks, switching, routing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of wireless/cellular telecom, and 5G edge deployments.
- Experience in network system-level solution design.
- Expertise in virtualization, containers, Kubernetes, orchestration, OpenStack, and cloud-native technologies.
- Exposure to SDN concepts, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and ETSI-MANO.
- Linux background covering deployment, image build, application and kernel development.
- Adept at various programming languages: C++/C, scripting languages like Python, Perl, etc.
- Must have proficient English language skills, enabling business discussion/dialogue.
- Native level of Japanese.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Insurance
- Group life and Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Summer Vacation
- Special Leave
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Training Subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.