ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY & THE TEAM
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced and passionate Solution Development Engineer to be part of our solution enablement team based out of India. Wind River is the Most loved workplaces for last 10 years and values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB) as one of the core values.
The successful candidate will have the unique mix of skills:
- Very good hands-on experience with Android stack and have worked in the Application domain related to Automotive applications.
- Detailed understanding of the Type 1/Type 2 Hypervisors is must and able to configure, optimize the Guest OS is required.
- Excellent understanding of the Android OS/ Android Auto OS skills are required.
- Additional skills like Automotive SW Components/development process and life cycle challenges and tools exposure is a plus.
- A good understanding of Embedded software development and hands-on experience with modern programming languages are required for the successful delivery of the job.
- Able to understand the customer demo requirements and working with the rest of the team to deliver the proof points with a high degree of quality is expected.
- Attention to detail and a strong working knowledge of various Software Engineering processes and tools will also help you be successful.
- The role will report to the Global Solution Engineering leader out of Bangalore, India.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Work independently as well as with the team to deliver Automotive solutions leveraging WR SW/Tools/Technology/Partner solutions to demonstrate the technical viability/Proof of concept and enable adoption of WR Technologies with global OEMs.
- 5 years hands-on software development experience
- 3-5 years working with Android OS/Applications/AAOS development and Implementations.
- Exposure to UX framework and UI solutions like Qt and other UI frameworks enablement on embedded platforms.
- Experience in Automotive IVI/Digital Cluster Application development is preferred.
- Solid understanding of full lifecycle software engineering concepts (requirements, high- and low-level design documents, peer reviews, testing, etc.)
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced complex problem-solving skills
- Agile ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly and with little guidance.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Medical insurance: Group Medical Insurance coverage.
- Additional shared cost medical benefit in the form of reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation and Time off: Employees are eligible for various types of paid time off.
- Additional Time off’s – Birthday, Volunteer Time off, Wedding.
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
- Carrot (Family -forming support)
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.