Senior Cloud Platform Software Developer
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack, and fast-paced Open-Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, the Wind River Cloud team is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX cloud-native project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation, and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications.
The right candidate will possess proven software engineering skills. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic environment. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and can bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, impeccable judgment, and the ability to influence and lead are essential to success in this role.
- Lead and develop platform features with high-quality design and code.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open-source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8S), Helm, Openstack, Ansible, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization and fault-tolerant/carrier-grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open-source project under the Open Infrastructure Foundation - a fully-featured cloud infrastructure software stack for the edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of professional software development experience.
- 7+ years of programming experience with Python.
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 10+ years of professional experience in building infrastructure software for highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience with low-level software development.
- Track record of building and delivering mission-critical, 24x7 production software systems.
- Exposure to C/C++, Ansible, Puppet, SQL and Go.
- Contribution to the open-source community.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.