Member of Technical Staff, Automotive
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Professional Services (PS) has been helping clients implement good ideas for more than 20 years. For any technical or business challenge, our Professional Services team offers a valuable blend of skills, contacts, knowledge, intellectual property, flexible resources, design processes, and a CCMI level 3 project management methodology to get the job done.
The Member of Technical Staff – Automotive is responsible for meeting growth targets of Professional Services across the APAC organization and has the following main areas of responsibility.
Works closely with the Delivery Director Professional Services, sales and product development to identify, address and win small to large opportunities. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Presales support for PS opportunities, including requirement development, technical discussion with customer and effort estimation.
- Balance risk, effort, customer budget to provide feasible technical solutions to customer.
- Works with Delivery Director to identify and qualify new Service-related opportunities.
Has responsibility for project delivery. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Act as technical lead to deliver projects on time, on budget and meet desired quality.
- Act as technical interface for customer projects.
- Work with 3rd party partner to leverage partner’s solution and ecosystem.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Minimum of 10 years embedded system and software development experience, with 5+ years VxWorks Application, BSP and driver development experience.
- 3+ Year Linux Kernel, BSP and driver development experience.
- Demonstrated debugging/development experience with at least one of the following: hardware bring-up, PCI, USB, IDE, SCSI, Ethernet/TSEC, UARTs, Security engine, etc.
- Good understanding of virtualization technology.
- Knowledge on C/C++, and assembly languages (X86, ARM, PowerPC, MIPS) is necessary
- Knowledge of Automotive (ADAS, Cluster or Gateway)
- Proven customer communication ability
- Good English and Chinese communication skills.
- Travel required, up to 10%.
- Experience of Cyber RT, AutoSAR Adaptive, ROS
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.