Software Engineer - IDE Tools Development Engineer
The Wind River IDE Tools team provides a complete suite of development tools for embedded software running on VxWorks and Wind River Linux. It is everything you need to quickly configure an operating system, analyze and tune software, as well as debug an entire system. This includes tools to configure your operating system as well as analyze, tune, and debug your embedded application. Wind River is looking for experienced developers with innovative solutions to redefine and optimize the embedded development workflow.
What you’ll do:
- Create innovative solutions for our tools to improve usability and meet our customer’s needs
- Identify and capture customer requirements, working closely with product management, customers and architects
- Create software specifications and designs that address customer needs, provide accurate technical estimates
- Conduct technical design reviews, code reviews and unit test implementations
- Strive for exceptional quality in our products
- Collaborate within our team and with the product development teams
- Strive for constant improvement on technical skills and on our team’s development practices
Who You Will Work With:
- This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers at all levels and across our multiple product lines, as well as exposure through management up to the VP of overall Engineering. Wind River Engineering works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania, and beyond.
- Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing firsthand what drives the business and revenue today and tomorrow.
- Junior to mid-level opportunity, working in collaboration with the senior and technical leads. Participating in cross-organizational work groups.
- Interfacing with FAEs and Product Management on requirements and use ability of our core products.
What Are The Requirements?
- University degree in computer science, engineering (or equivalent)
- We are looking for intermediate and senior levels of experience
- Strong background in Java and C/C++
- Passion for development tools and embedded operating systems
- Strong experience with using Eclipse as an IDE
- Experience contributing to an Eclipse project is highly desirable
- Experience with automated testing practices
- Proven track record in building exceptional user experiences with a focus on simplicity
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Lean concepts, Git, and Atlassian suite of tools
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux based platforms and environments
- Innovative attitude and creative problem solver
- Exceptional communicator
- Enthusiasm coupled with initiative and an intense desire to learn
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. From planes, trains, automobiles, and even Mars Rovers, to medical devices and industrial robots, Wind River technology is found in more than 2 billion products that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Interested in working for an innovative global software leader that is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems? Wind River has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 6 consecutive years, and we're looking for top talent to contribute to our continued success...join us!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.