Field Applications Engineer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Working with the leading provider of embedded software and networks solutions, you will manage the technical needs of major networking and telecom operator companies.
You must have experience in software engineering with a strong focus in Embedded Systems. You must be capable of understanding customer problems and recommending solutions using our product offerings and services. You should also know and have lived through commercial software project development cycles and have a good understanding of project management principles and practices.
Interface & Collaboration
- Work with a team of Territory Account Managers and Business Development Representatives. Help the team create the right technical solutions by understanding customer requirements and partnering with various functional groups including Marketing, Market Segment Teams, Product Management and Engineering.
- Work with Field Application Engineers and share knowledge if the opportunity is transferred to the Field Account teams
- Manage all technical needs of assigned Territory Account Manager (TAM) accounts utilizing all available resources
- Support Sales Development Rep/Business Development Rep teams with pre-sales technical requests
- Support TAMs to develop territory account plans and execute successfully
- Support SDR/BDR team’s ability to qualify opportunities and evaluate merits of inbound and outbound leads
- Listen to customer needs, qualify, deliver technical presentations, provide pre-sales technical support and help close opportunities
- Manage Trade Shows and seminars if required
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River
- Remove technical barriers for Wind River solutions
- Increase Wind River market share with each customer
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience working/functional knowledge of embedded systems architecture, life cycle, design approach
- Technical Pre-sales Experience, comfort and confidence in front of customers either remotely or on-site.
- Strong communication skills and able to deliver technical presentation/demos to technical audience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area
- 5+ years of software development and solutions architecting experience to address both business and technical issues customers
- Linux background covering deployment, configuring, building images and good understanding of Linux kernel, tools and application development.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) i.e. VxWorks is a plus.
- Adept at various programming languages: C++/C, Python, GO, RUST or other scripting languages, etc.
- Expertise in Virtualization, Containers, and Cloud native technologies will be of value.
- Vertical market experience in Aerospace/Defense, Industrial/Medical, Networking or Automotive is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader where you will help shape the most widely used commercial RTOS on Earth and on Mars.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.