Senior Solution Architect - DevSecOps Cloud Platform
Preferred Locations: Alameda, CA / Broomfield, CO / Huntsville, AL / San Diego, CA / San Antonio, TX / US Home Office
US Citizens Only
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is looking for an experienced high-performing DevOps solution architect for a customer facing position. The successful candidate will join a highly skilled field engineering organization and interface with customers to lead their journey in DevSecOps transformation.
Interface & Collaboration
The successful candidate will work closely with customers and provide guidance on building robust DevSecOps processes using Wind River products and enable hosting them on the on-prem cloud, AWS, Azure and Google cloud.
- Evaluate customers’ current DevSecOps workflow
- Architect and enable customers to leverage the best-in-class DevSecOps solutions using Wind River toolsets
- Define, design and implement DevSecOps and Cloud Native software development workflows for our customers using on-prem cloud, AWS, Azure and Google cloud platform
- Evangelize and articulate the technical and business value of Wind River solutions
- Guide technology choices and integration decisions in a microservice architecture driven by Open Source technologies
- Provide deep expertise in technology with ability to teach, train and demonstrate to the rest of the Field Engineering team
- Provide consistent market feedback to product management/marketing/engineering
- Deliver on comprehensive best practices
- Support trade shows and seminars
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- This position requires experience with DevOps engineering
- Demonstrated success in leading, guiding and teaching others in a cloud native software development environment
- Highly adaptable team player who can ramp up quickly on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment
- Ability to understand customer problems, both technical and business related
- Ability to white board and present technical solutions using our product offerings and services
- Understanding modern concepts around DevOps, Security and product development lifecycle is expected.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both oral and written—a must have
- Ability to travel when required
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- US Citizen
- 5+ years of experience w/ cloud-native, microservice design in AWS and\or Azure
- 5+ years working in software development
- Extensive DevOps/DevSecOps expertise
- Significant experience with Kubernetes, tekton, and Docker
- Significant experience with deploying virtualized environments, Open Stack, Aws, Azure
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tool integrations.
- Deep knowledge of REST, oAuth 2.0\OpenID, Pub\Sub, Consistency Models
- Experience with Linux software development
- Experience with Postgres, Nifi, and Kafka desired
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.