Customer Success Engineer - Cloud/DevOps
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
If you’re a curious and collaborative engineer, someone excited about tackling hard problems and finding innovative solutions, you will love being part of our group.
Our customers use Wind River Systems Products (on-prem and SaaS) to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices that will enable the next generation of technology user experiences on IaaS platforms like Azure, AWS. Experience in developing and supporting SaaS environments and applications is required. Candidate should have experience in Dev/Ops, automation, Ai/ ML, and build and deployment for SaaS with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications. Wind River Systems products include Ai/ ML suites which assist with digital transformation, you are expected to be able to use and support these suites hosted on Cloud and/ or on-premise.
This position works closely with end-users, stakeholders, and developers within Wind River customer support operations to assess, troubleshoot, and solve complex multi-layered issues (hardware, software, and everything in between). The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with leadership and communication skills and the ability to train and influence engineers within and outside the team.
- Support customers who are encountering problems with Wind River’s products.
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire lifecycle of customer adoption.
- Work independently or as part of a team on engagements with customers to ensure customer retention and to drive customer value realization.
- Be able to drive and increase the visibility of escalated support issues for strategic accounts as needed.
- Develop and maintain SaaS-related standards, policies, and procedures and train other teams/ team members.
- Provide friendly, courteous, and quality systems support to all users (internal and external).
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills.
- Communicate effectively with customers to resolve their problems.
- Communicate effectively with account teams on customer issues.
- Handle customer and defect escalations.
- Document customer issues and resolutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Participate in support process improvement activities and support offerings.
- Mentor local and global Customer Support Engineers.
- Provide support and training to internal customers.
- Considered as an expert in many areas of products.
- May need to provide on-site support and training to customers.
- Proactively contribute content to the various Knowledge Bases within Wind River
- Document Problems for Knowledge Base so that customers may solve similar problems on their own in the future.
- Be available for after-hours duties in case if there is a need for 24/7/365 coverage.
- 6-8 years’ experience required with 3-5 years of customer-facing role experience preferred.
- Understanding of cloud vs. on-premise computing. Solid understanding of fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Familiarity with Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration.
- 5+ years' experience working in development and production operations supporting a cloud-based environment.
- 5+ years' experience in SaaS hosted platforms (IaaS) and architectures.
- Strong knowledge around IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Services, especially expertise in areas of IoT, AI/ ML, Security.
- Microsoft/ Azure or AWS certification (architect level) is a plus.
- Experience with RTOSes like VxWorks and Linux and familiarity with Wind River Systems product a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux-based operating systems environments (CentOS, WR Linux are preferred) including Hardware, software, networking, and storage.
- Experience in developing Test Strategies, Test plans, Test Report documents, working in an Agile environment, CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, GIT.
- Experience in shell scripting and typeScript-based application framework like Web stack.
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging issues with Device Drivers, BSP, HW design, Networking, and other technologies used in embedded system applications.
- Familiarity of major processor families: PowerPC, Intel and ARM, and RISC-V, including multi-core.
- Understanding of networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Math, Physics, or related technical field.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet-Friendly Environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.