Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a Looker BI/SQL developer who will provide stakeholders with views and dashboards of their business. Wind River has a data warehouse that serves up data and metrics for the entire organization. In this role, you will assist in the modeling of the data and the generation of business-driven metrics, illustrated through robust dashboards and visualizations. Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with the business owners across the organization to model and visualize data, based on requirements
- The candidate will need to work closely with the DBA in the IT department for changes and updates to the Data Warehouse and/or databases
- This position will report to the Sr. Director of Business Operations
- Develop LookML models for the stakeholders across the company
- Apply best practices with regards to LookML/SQL models, dashboards, visualizations
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Ability to communicate well across cross-functional teams
- Passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization
- BS in Computer Science. Emphasis in Database is a plus
- 2+ years Development and visualization experience on Looker
- Strong SQL skills – 4+ years is preferable.
- Data Warehouse experience is required. Snowflake experience is a plus
- Experience with at least one of the following Enterprise System: SalesForce, Oracle, Oracle BI, Marketo, Anaplan, Adaptive
- Python development experience is a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.