Location: USA - Home Office
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Account Executive role sells Wind River products, solutions, professional services and training to net-new (new logo) prospects. The role will be paired alongside a pre-sales technical role, named a Field Application Engineer (FAE) at Wind River. The FAE partners with the Account Executive as the technical lead in the pursuit of net-new new logo business throughout the duration of the sales cycle. Although there are many established customers in the region, this role is a hunter role focused on the acquisition of net-new logo customers. In addition to an expectation that you identify and pursue your own prospective customers, leads will also be provided to the Account Executive role by our established Business Development (BDR) team, via ‘Sales Qualified Leads’ (SQL). Once the AE accepts that the SQL is appropriately sales qualified, following a hand-off call with the BDR & customer (and FAE as appropriate), the Account Executive’s responsibility is to lead the prospective customer through the full Wind River sales process, and ultimately close the opportunity as a win / net-new booking.
Success in the role is not limited to receipt of, and pursuit of SQLs with the BDR. For example, the AE could partner with their BDR team to deploy targeted sales campaigns to specific prospects for new sources of leads from highly targeted campaigns. Additionally, the AE would be expected to independently pursue new business opportunities within their territory, leveraging their prior experience in hunting new logo customers, with modern sales tools such as Outreach or LinkedIn, and with support from our marketing organization providing relevant content and thought leadership to attract interest in Wind River’s products, solutions and services.
Success in the role will be measured by an ability to close new logo customers, and in producing growth through closure of new logo ‘Annual Contract Value’ as bookings.
Interface & Collaboration
- Your success will be best optimized via your partnership with the global BDR team and your accompanying solution architect / engineer, and you will be equipped to succeed by other teams and functions who are invested in your success – for example quote to cash, deal desk, sales tech stack, and sales enablement
- Partner closely with outside-sales peers and leadership teams across North America to facilitate collaboration and sharing of best practices throughout the sales process
- Work alongside a Field Application Engineer, your technical peer who will partner with you throughout the duration of the sales cycle
- Independent pursuit of new logo opportunities outside of BDR partnership, capitalizing on your experience in new business sales roles in other companies via solution & value-oriented sales methodologies to attract and close opportunities.
- Partner with the North American BDR team and its leadership to articulate requirements in developing leads for your assigned territory
- Receive new-logo leads from the BDR team, qualify them, and engage with the prospects in a rapid, high touch manner in order to improve the likelihood of lead conversion and sales close
- Utilize your own methods of prospecting to develop new logo, new business opportunities
- Manage complete sales cycle including presenting to senior and C-level executives the value of our full portfolio
- Once you have landed a customer, further developing relationship & trust to find additional opportunities for new business growth
- Meet with and listen to the needs of prospective customers to understand their current and future business and technical requirements
- Sell to mid-level and senior business and engineering decision makers
- Orchestrate technical product demonstrations and manage discovery calls/meetings
- Build and manage an accurate forecast to achieve assigned quarterly and annual goals
- Review complex sales contracts and legal documents with customers, with support from management, deal desk, and quote to order teams
- Understand and articulate the strengths and weaknesses of competing products and best position Wind River for the technical win and contract closure
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 5+ years sales experience in quota bearing, closing capacity (must have been responsible for every stage of a sales cycle from initial qualification, through to negotiation, to closed-won). Most / all of sales experience in a net-new logo / new business hunting capacity
- Embedded software sales, OEM marketplace, and an understanding of intelligent systems experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions/value oriented sales approach and team selling environment
- Strong hunting and prospecting skills and in partnering with a BDR team and accompanying pre-sales lead / solution architect
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals
- Track record of success selling new products, solutions, and services to new and existing customers
- Excellent listening, presentation, public speaking, written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced using Salesforce.com and other modern sales tools
- Willingness to travel. While virtual selling has become more and more prevalent, a recognition that from time to time, establishing in-person relationships is key in developing trust and a business connection that can lead to more accelerated sales performance
- BS/BA Degree, MBA a plus
- This role may require on-site visits to Wind River and/or customer facilities. Employees must adhere to the COVID protocols in place, which may include proof of vaccination, regular testing, temperature checks, face coverings, social distancing, etc.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.