Customer Success Finance Manager
Location: SF Bay Area Candidates Preferred
Remote, US Home Office is possible
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is looking for a Customer Success Finance Manager to join the FP&A team and drive GTM transformation. The Customer Success Finance Manager will report to the Director of GTM Finance and manage all aspects of Customer Success Finance, including forecasting and reporting of Bookings, Revenue, OpEx, Margins, HC and Billings.
The candidate should be a self-starter and problem solver with solid financial, accounting and analytical skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with minimum supervision. This role will have high visibility across Finance & Customer Success organizations and will have regular access to the Finance leadership at the Company including the CFO.
- Prepare the bookings, revenue, OpEx, headcount, billings and margins forecast in a timely manner for all of Customer Success and review with finance & business leadership.
- Manage the month end close process and submit expense accruals to the accounting team in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly flash updates on key topline metrics such as bookings, revenue and linearity to the finance and Customer Success leadership teams.
- Partner with Corporate FP&A team to drive the long range & annual planning activities.
- Perform thorough analysis of Support & Services performance metrics. Collaborate cross-functionally and provide data driven decision support to help improve the margins of the business.
- Prepare insightful financial packages to support the finance and Customer Success QBR activities.
- Champion process improvement & automation efforts to drive efficiencies across the Customer Success finance.
- Train & Develop the junior level analysts on the team without authority.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to dive into details without losing sight of big picture.
- Process orientation with a desire to break things apart and bring them back together again in order to maximize efficiency and efficacy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and proven ability to build collaborative working relationships cross functionally.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Smart, hungry and humble.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or economics
- Professional Services Finance experience at a software company
- Facility with structuring and organizing data, a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word); prior Anaplan, Sales Force and Looker experience are a plus
- Multi-national experience is highly desirable
- 5+ years of work experience in finance or business
- 2+ years of experience supporting financial activities of a Customer Success organization
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.