Senior Director Product Management
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage the strategy, road-map and life-cycle of our Open Source, Linux, and Cloud Scale solutions.
Who You Will Work With:
You will work closely with engineering, business development, marketing and support organizations, ensuring that the right products and solutions are brought to market on a timely basis and meet the needs of our current and future customers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product, you will also be managing a team of highly skilled Product Managers.
- Identify and assess trends and market requirements to translate into product road-map
- Continuously evaluating the competitive landscape to ensure proper positioning
- Perform business case and ROI analysis to support the portfolio investments
- Identifying potential merger and acquisition targets that can enhance our product portfolio
- Operating as a key member of the senior management team with a mindset of growth, entrepreneurial spirit, ownership and accountability
- Presenting the Product Portfolio at various industry conferences and events , customer and partner meetings
- Working with the account on supporting growth in the top strategic and lighthouse accounts
- Presenting market-facing collateral created in collaboration with Solutions & Services Product Management and Vertical Marketing teams
- Leading the effort to create the product requirement backlog for the engineering organization to deliver on time , on feature and on budget
- 15+ years of experience in Product Management, Strategy or Business Development experience in software development environment. Entrepreneurial experience will be a plus
- Success in defining, releasing at least 2 products into the market
- Knowledge in at least 2 markets (A&D, Industrial, Telco, Medical, Automotive)
- Knowledge in both devices centric application and cloud-based systems.
- Financial modeling and business case development and analysis experience
- Demonstrated competence in gathering market and competitive information and assimilating this into a cohesive portfolio
- Customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains
- Excellent speaking and panel experience with large, technically savvy audiences
- Knowledge of embedded computing, operating systems and development tools, cloud
- Excellent influence management skills and the ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders
- Ability to manage teams, directly and indirectly across geographies
- Agile leadership and product owner in scrum based development processes
- BSEE/CS or equivalent required, MBA a plus
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.