Senior Director Product Management - Open Source
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage the strategy, road-map and life-cycle of our Open Source, Linux, and Cloud Scale solutions.
Interface & Collaboration
Reporting to the Vice President, Product, you will also be managing a team of highly skilled Product Managers.
Work closely with engineering, business development, marketing and support organizations, ensuring that the right products and solutions are brought to market on a timely basis and meet the needs of our current and future customers.
- Identify and assess trends and market requirements to translate into product road-map
- Continuously evaluate the competitive landscape to ensure proper positioning
- Perform business case and ROI analysis to support the portfolio investments
- Identify potential merger and acquisition targets that can enhance our product portfolio
- Operate as a key member of the senior management team with a mindset of growth, entrepreneurial spirit, ownership and accountability
- Present the Product Portfolio at various industry conferences and events, customer and partner meetings
- Work with sales leaders of top strategic and key accounts
- Present market-facing collateral created in collaboration with Solutions & Services Product Management and Vertical Marketing teams
- Lead the effort to create the product requirement backlog for the engineering organization to deliver on time, on feature and on budget
Core Competencies, Demonstrated Success & Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience in Product Management, Strategy or Business Development experience in a software development environment.
- Success in defining, releasing at least 2 products into the market
- In-depth knowledge of at least 2 vertical markets (A&D, Industrial, Telco, Medical, Automotive)
- Knowledge of both device-centric applications and cloud-based systems.
- Financial modeling and business case development and analysis experience
- Demonstrated competence in gathering market and competitive information and assimilating this into a cohesive portfolio
- Customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains
- Excellent speaking and panel experience with large, technically savvy audiences
- Knowledge of embedded computing, operating systems and development tools, cloud
- Excellent influence management skills and the ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders
- Ability to manage teams, directly and indirectly across geographies
- Agile leadership and product owner in scrum-based development processes
- Entrepreneurial experience will be a plus
- BSEE/CS or equivalent required, MBA a plus
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.