ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reviews schedules, specifications and priorities to plan departmental work assignments.
· Assigns duties to employees and oversees department activities.
· Assists employees in resolving problems and advises supervisor of complex problems.
· Receive and prepare product for shipping as needed
· Assist operations manager with local safety initiative
· Organize daily customer deliveries
· Prepare bill of ladings
· Receive inventory
· Trains personnel to meet the technical level of expertise to perform job duties and responsibilities.
· Communicates with the operations manager on the status of the shift.
· Skill in public speaking and meeting facilitation for monthly safety meetings and goal meetings.
· Works closely with crew to find ways of reducing errors and improving overall shipping accuracy.
· Assists the supervisor in all aspects of maintaining an efficient, low cost, total quality and productive operation.
· Conducts employee performance reviews.
· Assists supervisor in conducting investigation and disciplinary process.
· Conducts or provides input in the Employee Performance Review process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work activities
· Knowledge of computers sufficient to utilize word processors, spreadsheets and databases, and ORACLE WIP transactions
· Knowledge of product types and the manufacturing process
· Knowledge of Company quality standards
· Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and employees
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Skill in organizing and prioritizing
· Ability to supervise/lead people
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions
· Ability to operate machinery in a safe and comfortable manner
· Ability to operate a fork lift
· Ability to maintain a clean work environment
· Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, and practices
High School Graduate or GED
30 semester hours of college with a concentration in Business Administration or a closely related field
One year of additional experience may substitute for required education
2+ years related experience
Must have 6 months prior management experience such as a Backup Foreman/Backup Crew Leader/Project Leader or must have held the highest premium position within their department for 12 months
Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight (>50 lbs) Examples: grounds staff and EMS
Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples: engineering, waste mgt, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.