Sr. Product Designer - Laminate
Come work for a highly effective and dynamic team. Wilsonart is hiring individuals who have a design background and at least 4 years of experience in product design or other related design field. Our ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in design process coupled with a love for design. We are passionate about our products and with introducing new designs that are highly sought after and work hard for our customers.
If you have experience in Interior Design, Product Design, or Textile Surface Design we’d love to hear from you!!!
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with design, marketing, product management, R&D, and manufacturing/vendor teams to plan, manage and implement design solutions for targeted annual plan; understand and translate internal business objectives into effective design solutions that build brand equity.
- Analyze industry and design trends relevant to markets that the products are used in, and incorporate user research to assemble effective design solutions that meet business and user needs.
- Work directly with suppliers in communicating design directions and strategy for development and introduction to the Wilsonart product categories.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in product development and/or program management processes, supporting the ability to take projects from inception to market.
- Engaging presentation skills in varied settings; must be able to adapt to the audience.
- Knowledge of computers sufficient to utilize Word, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop and Illustrator proficiently.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and methodical working style. Ability to work independently & collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 10 - 20% of time.
Education: BS or BA degree in recognized design field: Interior design / Product design / other related field.
Experience: 4+ years hands on product design development and project management. Candidates with experience in a field such as interior design, industrial design, product or textile design, or engineering and have an eye for design may also be a good fit for this role.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
Physical Requirements - Light to medium work. Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials up to 40 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.