The BI Developer will work as a team member of the Global BI/EPM team to design/build/maintain Global Data Warehouse solution based on the Reporting needs. Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for leading the efforts in understanding requirements and develop solutions. This involves the understanding of data analysis, developing ETL from source systems, designing data models, building reports and creating dashboards. This individual is responsible for projects start to finish including: design, technical development, testing, user support and project management. This person must have strong technical and functional skills and the ability to communicate well to the cross functional teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently with users to define BI concepts, information needs and defining functional requirements, specifications and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Lead and perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment.
- Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends as needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by organization.
- Ensure high levels of Business Intelligence system availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Design, develop, and maintenance of Business Intelligence software and systems, including integration with databases and ERP systems.
- Responsible for the efficient, compliant, timely, secure acquisition, integration, provision, and exchange of the enterprise data.
- Help define the overall data warehouse architecture (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts)
- Work with external vendors and internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate data warehouse development solutions.
- Monitor and administer automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance; Build reports to audit, monitor & validate data warehouse job.
- Recommend improvements to provide optimum reporting solutions.
- Generating and delivering quality reports to internal customers and performing quality assurance checks on reports.
- Develop standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements.
- For key projects will need to perform Project Manager role and lead projects to completion within assigned schedule and timeline.
- Work collaboratively with other BI Developers both onsite and offshore, Hyperion Developer, and Global IT partners to ensure a cohesive solution.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar discipline
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in developing data warehousing systems for enterprises
- Experience in developing Business Intelligence environment based on OLAP and OTLP frameworks
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with the semantic layer of any one Business Intelligence tools OBIEE, Tableau, Cognos, SAP BW, Business Objects etc.
- Preferred to have Tableau development skills in addition to Oracle BI suite of products
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with the ETL development. Expertise in any one tool is required. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Informatica, Datastage.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with developing programs using SQL.
- Ability to resolve data related issues including complex data modeling challenges
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Project management experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with Hyperion suite of products (HFM, Hyperion Planning, Essbase)
- Familiarity with development or implementing FDMEE, DRM,SPSS or SAS
- Exposure to any one ERP (SAP, Oracle) data structures and functional knowledge of any given process domain.
- Functional knowledge a plus in the areas of: Finance (Trail Balance, P&L, and Balance Sheet), Sales Invoicing, Sales Orders, Purchasing, Inventory, Freight/Logistics, and Headcount.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodology, a plus.
- Any software language like .Net, Java, VB
- Any experience with Google Analytics, AI/ML, or data science.
Currently 100% remote due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.