HR Business Partner I (Fletcher)
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service.
In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
The HR Business Partner I uses working knowledge of the business to provide HR workforce planning support and guidance to people leaders. Provides human resources consultation and support to a designated business unit. Being a Junior HR Business Partner utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical support to people leaders. Analyzes trends and develops workforce plans to resolve issues and make a positive impact on business results. In addition, the HR Business Partner I acts as liaison with other HR functions.
- Drives the strategy to attract, develop, motivate, and engage a high-performing, diverse workforce.
- Supports other HRBPs with employee relations issues and tactical initiatives to achieve business goals.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages talent and performance management activities in partnership with leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, drive engagement, reduce attrition, increase productivity and identify efficiencies.
- Partners with other members of the HR team to execute HR-related programs and initiatives.
- Leverages technology and HR systems to analyze and generate data-driven solutions.
- Becomes the go-to-person on Time and Attendance administration questions and data.
- Collaborates with partners and stakeholders to ensure issues are escalated.
- Supports internal clients and helps developing / implementing HR practices, HR solutions and strategies
- Leads change management projects and manages the HR related internal and external communication.
- Identifies and prepares development plans for the key employees and high potential employees.
- Supports recruitment activities for talents regionally and reviews talent pipeline.
- Delivers and executes HR processes, advises and supports on policies accurately and with a service orientation.
- Basic HR knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to determine and analyze ROI for various solutions and opportunities.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and influence employees at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make good decisions with supporting data and to anticipate future needs and solutions.
- Ability to be candid and courageous.
- Ability to turn complex issues and ideas into simple resolutions and actions.
- High level of emotional intelligence and perseverance.
- Experience with HR systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor Degree Required in Human Resources, Communication, Business or a similar field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted; 1yr experience may substitute for 1yr of degree
- HR certification a plus
- 2+ years of progressive HR experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.