Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces in Dallas, Texas has an opening for a Warehouse/CDL. The primary purpose of this program is to help meet the needs of the business as a way to ensure effective Driver coverage in the Wilsonart warehouses. It also serves as a way for a warehouse staff to further develop their career at Wilsonart. The Training Program is designed to be a 120 day program, however, if the employee completes the requirements prior to the end of 120 days in the position, they can begin driving for Wilsonart independent of a Trainer. This program is specific to the Class B CDL. Performs other tasks as required.
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependents.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
- Accrued Paid Vacation upon hire
- Paid Time Off during first year of hire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- CDL Learner’s Permit: Trainee must attain the CDL Learner’s Permit within 30 days of position transfer to the Driver Training Program.
- Driver Observation: Within the first 60 days of being in the position, the Trainee must attain a minimum of 100 hours of driver observation time in the truck.
- Driver - On the Road Experience: The Trainee must attain a total of 200 driving hours in the “On the road Experience” part of the program.
- Attain the Class B CDL with Hazmat: After the Trainee has completed the driving hours required (200) and is successful in passing the Road Test administered by the Wilsonart Trainer, they must take and attain their Class B CDL.
- Placement of Trainee: Once the employee has met all requirements of the program and attained their CDL, they will be placed into the approved position. If the Trainee is going to serve as a Back-Up Driver only, they can remain in the Warehouse/CDL (P-8829) position. If they are going to fill an open/approved Driver I position, they need to be placed in the role, inclusive of a compensation adjustment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to plan, organize and record all work/driving activity.
- Demonstrate safe driving practices
- Organized and able to follow a schedule
- Focused on customer service
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
High School Graduate or equivalent
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Heavy work – tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.