Operations Manager (MSC)
The Operations Manager will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of Sample and Merchandising fulfillment for Wilsonart. Responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and cost of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain operational standards in a manner consistent with company and site Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Cost requirements to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Review, propose and approve, as appropriate, plans for the control of value stream requests related to budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency and customer service.
- Drive process improvements by implementing Lean and continuous improvement methodologies
- Review performance against operating plans and standards
- Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs for overall process improvements.
- Manage budget allocations by product line and ensure accurate communication to product management and sales.
- Coordinate and collaborate with support functions to establish and implement appropriate systems in support of Operations goals.
- Facilitates new and updated product launches to ensure successful timeline management
- Develops and implements new ideas focused on continuous process improvement, cost containment and efficiency.
- Provides training, guidance, performance appraisals and career development to associates within the plant operations team
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory, corporate, and local policies (safety, environmental, quality, employment, etc.).
- Ensures a safe working environment and promotes safe work practices in the operations team.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in direct people leadership position
- 5+ years of experience in operations leadership role.
- Demonstrated track record of utilizing lean manufacturing techniques and leading in a Team based work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
- Statistical and analytical problem solving.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.