Associate Product Manager - HPL
Wilsonart is currently seeking an Associate Product Manager for our High Pressure Laminate product line to join our Temple, TX Product Marketing team. The position will work with the Director of Product – HPL on new product introductions, market planning, product life cycle management, and sales programming functions. Through thoroughly understanding the marketplace, this position will assist in the development and implementation of specific product management plans (annual and long term) to maximize returns for this portfolio. The Associate Product Manager will assist in assessing the products and product features needed in the market and the marketing planning for and placement of products launched into the market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages new product introductions to ensure that stated timelines are met
- Responsible for managing the HPL e-commerce channel, including updating price, availability, reporting, and analysis of this channel
- Works with Product, Manufacturing, and Sales to manage the non-promoted HPL portfolio, including product exceptions, special customer requests, and end of life
- Promotes the HPL product portfolio by helping to develop and present customer presentations and internal/external product training
- Works with Product, Marketing, and Technical Services to manage HPL product and technical information in print and on the web
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Strong computer proficiency, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Ability to perform competitive analysis and marketing research
- Knowledge of marketing methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; at ease with all levels within the company and with customers
- Compelling public speaking skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relations across departments and levels of the organization
- Ability to lead and execute the new product introduction process
Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted in place of degree.
1+ years in Marketing, Operations, or Project Management
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Sitting in the same location of standing/walking; required to stoop, climb or lift light material (10-20lbs) or equipment.
- Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights. Examples: mail clerks, material handlers and food service workers
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.