Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets. Wilsonart, operating under the Wilsonart®, Resopal®, Polyrey®, Arborite®, Laminart®, Bushboard™, Mermaid™, Shore®, Ralph Wilson®, KML®, NewLeaf®, Wetwall®, Durcon® and Technistone® brands, manufactures and distributes High Pressure Laminate, Quartz, Solid Surface, Coordinated TFL and Edgebanding and other engineered surface options. Wilsonart does business in more than 100 countries with manufacturing operations in North America, United Kingdom, France, Germany and Czech Republic.
Positioned for Future Growth
An extensive global manufacturing footprint, state-of-the-art process technologies, and scalable Global distribution capabilities provide a meaningful competitive advantage with excellent brand recognition and a reputation for product innovation and superior service which allow for strong and stable margin performance and robust cash flow conversion. We have a strong company culture and extremely talented employee base as well as a dedicated and invested core Executive Leadership Team.
For more than 60 years, Wilsonart has honored our founders' promise to provide our customers with industry-leading products and service.
In November 2012, Wilsonart became a new, independent company when Clayton, Dubilier & Rice ("CD&R") and Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE:ITW) completed a transaction for the sale of ITW's Decorative Surfaces business unit. CD&R acquired a majority stake in the new freestanding business and ITW retained an ongoing ownership stake.
Founded in 1978, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is a private equity firm with an investment strategy predicated on producing financial returns through building stronger, more profitable businesses. The Firm’s partners and advisors include a combination of skilled investment decision-makers and seasoned corporate leaders from major global enterprises. Since inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $18 billion in 56 businesses with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $90 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit http://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It employs more than 50,000 people, and is based in Glenview, Illinois, with operations in 57 countries.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
The Infrastructure Engineer will work as part of a small IT Infrastructure team at a fast paced, high-energy office.
- Expertise in designing, building, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, OCP)
- Expertise with cloud networking and routing technologies (i.e., VPC, Security groups, NACL, Route53, Load Balancing and Availability zones)
- Expertise in troubleshooting and resolving technical operational issues related to cloud infrastructure
- Expert level administration of Windows servers, Linux servers, VMware ESXi, and vCenter
- Intermediate level administration of HP and Dell storage devices and enterprise backups solutions (Veeam)
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and administering open-source software such as LAMP, GitHub, WordPress
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and administering Cisco, Dell & Fortinet LAN/WAN networking technologies including routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs (remote access and site-to-site)
- Intermediate level scripting (Windows & Linux) to optimize repetitive administrative processes
- Aptitude for learning legacy systems, how they integrate into the workplace, and planning technology upgrades as appropriate
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware, software, and peripherals and procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repairing applicable software, hardware, and peripherals
- Excellent mentoring and training skills are required
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a high-energy office
- Highly skilled at documenting processes and procedures. Must demonstrate and exercise good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Act as an excellent team player and accepts new tasks as assigned
- Ability to set their own priorities based on general guidelines and direction
- Ability to make comparative and/or alternative courses of action and make logical decisions
- Employee must work well with ambiguity and tasks will not always be routine
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in designing, building, deploying, and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Must have at minimum 8 - 10 years real world experience in server administration, network device configuration & administration, and data center operations.
- AAS in a technical field such as Computer Science is required.
- BS in a technical field such as Computer Science is preferred.
- Substantial experience in related functions and/or industries may be considered as a substitute.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.