Part-Time Material Handler
Wilsonart in Klamath Falls, Oregon currently has openings for part-time Material Handlers. Schedule consist of working 20-24 hours a week for days, evening or graveyard shift.
This individual will unload and package all materials for assigned department. Also drives a truck for the assigned department. Performs other tasks as required
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution after one year of employment.
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation after one year of employment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads and unloads trucks, etc.
- Moves material within a storage facility to and from the loading area using a forklift truck, hoist, motorized conveyor or other material-handling equipment.
- Sorts and distributes material to various areas following work order instructions.
- Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled.
- Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks information on cases, containers, etc.
- Ships outgoing package and complete all corresponding paperwork.
- Refuels vehicle and conducts safety inspections.
- Drives a truck for the assigned department to move material
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/ regulations governing work standards.
- Knowledge of receiving procedures.
- Knowledge of truck hauling operations procedures.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of mathematics to add and subtract.
- Skill in driving large cargo and lift trucks.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be safety conscious when handling hazardous materials
High School Graduate or GED
1+ years of work history
Must have a driver’s license with a class “A” rating or be willing to acquire one within 6 months to maintain position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight (>50 lbs).
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.