FT Press Operator - 2nd shift
Wilsonart is a world-leading engineered surfaces company. We're driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service they can count on, delivered by people who care.
We’re currently hiring for FULL-TIME PRESS OPERATORS for 2nd shift!
This is an entry-level position. Preference will be given to candidates with some warehouse and manufacturing experience.
LOCATION: Oxford, MS
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 3p – 11p
BENEFITS: Full benefits package – see below for details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates press to cure the material according to the press cycle specifications
- Evaluates the daily press schedule.
- Logs production information such as material produced, type, size, run, etc.
- Lays up and aligns the raw materials according to the production process.
- Handles the movement of stainless steel plates and completed panels.
- Initiates corrective action if production operations are not to standard.
- Performs lock-out/tag-out procedures and preventative maintenance checks.
- Ensures employees are wearing protective equipment as required or when handling hazardous materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to safety standards and other pertinent rules/ regulations.
- Skill in operating a lift truck.
- Ability to visually identify design patterns, finishes, colors, shades, product imperfections, and defects.
- Ability to accurately record information on production schedules/logs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules and material assets.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a team member
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written form.
- Knowledge of mathematics to add and subtract.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wilsonart is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of engineered surfaces with approximately $1.4b in annual revenue and a global workforce of more than 4,500. Wilsonart surfaces are used in the office, education, healthcare, residential, hospitality and retail markets.
Our Mission and Values
Wilsonart is driven by a mission to create surfaces people love, with service you can count on, delivered by people who care. Wilsonart is driven by providing beautiful, hard-working, on-trend and high performing engineered surfaces for whatever you need to cover. For decades, our companies worldwide have given designers and builders the right tools for the job, no matter how specialized. Today, we bring you a portfolio of solutions, both decorative and functional, that spans retail, hospitality, healthcare, education, office and institutional applications.
Service You Can Count On.
Wilsonart is dedicated to getting our customers what they want, when and how they want it. From a North American fleet of trucks, to strategically located distribution centers around the world, we can service the globe with our expanding range of products and services.
People Who Care.
Over 4,500 people strong, Wilsonart is made up of dedicated people who care about doing the right thing, every day. Whether it’s making a flawless sheet of high pressure laminate, volunteering at a community house raising or sourcing sustainable materials, Wilsonart people care deeply about what they do, who they do it for, and how they do it.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.