Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician/Shift Lead
Job Description. The Maintenance Journeyman (Multicraft Technicians) is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair in support of the facility and production equipment. In this role, the technician will work with a variety of mechanical, electrical, thermal, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and controls.
Duties will include, leading the manufacturing teams, troubleshooting process and equipment malfunctions, conducting equipment inspections, scheduling repairs, maintaining parts and supply inventory, assisting in the development and implementation of manufacturing and maintenance procedures.
Multi-craft Maintenance Technician will operate and maintain utilities, which include:
• Thermal oil heaters,
• Air compressor, with dryers, Pneumatic controllers
• Hydraulic systems
• Other mechanical systems.
- PLC- Programmable Logic Controllers
- AC Drives and motors
- Wiring circuits and components
- Other Electrical systems
This Multi-craft Maintenance Technician responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate with the production team for maintenance of equipment.
• Inspect equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
• Repair faulty equipment and damaged structures.
• Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
• Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems.
• Perform general maintenance tasks.
• Maintain the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- Understand processes and recommend production and efficiency improvements.
- Trouble shoot complex Mechanical and Electrical interruptions on manufacturing equipment.
This position will also serve as a shift leader once the facility is at full capacity and be responsible for the following duties:
- Lead manufacturing teams on Safety, Service, Quality, Production, Cost
- Assign daily work assignments to manufacturing teams.
- Coordinated production schedules with teams
- Help trouble shoot production issues
- Ensure inbound and outbound materials are on time.
Education and competencies:
• High school diploma and associates degree or tech school certificate in Industrial maintenance technology or closely related field.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in industrial maintenance.
• Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
• Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
• Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
• Physically capable of wearing a respirator.
• Effective problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be well-organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Able to use basic and advanced tools as required for the task at hand.
All applicants must have the ability to work a rotating or scheduled off shift outside of day shift.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.