Essential Job Functions
- Provide Engineering support and project management to Maintenance, Operations, and other stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of current developments in the fields related to our current process and identify improvement/upgrade opportunities that will improve the business.
- Work with Engineering and Maintenance to identify and quantify opportunities to optimize the resources within the power systems infrastructure.
- Participate in ongoing efforts to organize and maintain technical reference materials, and support information.
- Provide technical support of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) systems required for regulatory compliance and waste stream reduction.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to quantify individual project metrics, and prepare cogent, detailed engineering analysis.
- Plan and manage approved projects to successful completion to include vendor quotations, budgeting, preparation of capital project appropriations requests (CPAR), procurement, engineering design, and management of human and capital resources.
- Participate in activities to support Wilsonart’s strategic Sustainability and Lean initiatives.
- Be an active participant in the development of process improvements/optimization with focus on automation opportunities to increase productivity and improve costs without compromising safety
- Experience in identifying improvement opportunities, evaluating alternative solutions, and justifying the capital required to implement the optimal solution.
- Experience in working as a team member in cross functional groups representing varying perspectives
- Understanding of the relationship/interconnectivity between operations, maintenance, utility optimization, technical training, scheduling, safety, environmental and other activities.
- Experience with machine or process layout.
- Proficiency in AutoCad or similar system with a willingness to adapt to an AutoCad platform.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and analytical form.
- Self- motivated and willing to seek out opportunities for improvement within the framework of overall strategic goals.
- Lead by example as creative and highly innovative self-starter with a demonstrated ability to master the details of manufacturing processes and plant operations.
- Good organization skills
- Ability to develop productive and beneficial business relationships with internal and external individuals/groups.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or closely related field plus a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in an industrial setting. Registration as a Texas Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain same a plus.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.