Sr. Product Designer - Decorative Surfaces
Come work for a highly effective and dynamic team. Wilsonart is hiring individuals who have a design background and at least 4 years of experience in product design or other related design fields. Our ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in the design process coupled with a love for design. We are passionate about our products and introducing new designs that are highly sought after and work hard for our customers.
If you have experience in Interior Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, or Textile Surface Design we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with design, marketing, product management, R&D, and manufacturing/vendor teams to plan, manage and implement design solutions for the targeted annual plan; understand and translate internal business objectives into effective design solutions that build brand equity.
- Analyze industry and design trends relevant to markets that the products are used in, and incorporate user research to assemble effective design solutions that meet business and user needs.
- Work directly with suppliers in communicating design directions and strategy for development and introduction to the Wilsonart product categories.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in product development and/or program management processes, supporting the ability to take projects from inception to market.
- Engaging presentation skills in varied settings; must be able to adapt to the audience.
- Knowledge of computers sufficient to utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiently. Experience with project management programs is desired. Photoshop and Illustrator are a bonus.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and methodical working style. Ability to work independently & collaboratively. A creative mindset that can conform to business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 10 - 20% of time.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Design, or a similar field. Equivalent experience will be accepted in place of Degree.
- 4 years of experience in product design or other related design fields
- Experience in the building materials space is a plus
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.