Material Handler III
LG1034 FAMILY: Shipping
Hourly / 3
Last reviewed: 04-22-2019
Load all finished products on trucks, Railcars, to be shipped to customers. Perform other tasks as needed.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review load list and visually check skids, carts and pallets to be loaded.
2. Determine container space versus material to be loaded for proper load distribution.
3. Recheck load list for tractor and trailer, rail car, match-up.
4. Load and unload truck, rail car and check weight.
5. Secure load to prevent damage and shifting.
6. Upon completion of loading, distribute all necessary paperwork.
7. Drive forklifts
8. Regular attendance required.
9. Must be able to operate a Forklift safely inside and outside in all conditions.
10. Band carts and skids. Add dunnage as needed to secure loads
11. Keep a clean and safe work environment.
Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of all Shipping Dept. functions and loading procedures applicable to DOT & Company standards.
2. Knowledge of safety standards pertaining to Shipping Department.
3. Ability to operate equipment in a comfortable and safe manner.
4. Knowledge of hazardous materials and safe handling procedures.
High School Graduate or GED
1+ years of Shipping experience (if no candidate possesses this experience, the company will accept a candidate with one year of experience operating moving equipment such as, forklifts, etc.).
Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight (>50 lbs) Examples: grounds staff and EMS
Position is rotating shift work, to include weekends.
Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights. Examples: mail clerks, material handlers and food service workers
Indoor and outdoor work required. Exposure to rain, ice, snow, wind, fog.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.