Wilsonart, Temple, Texas, currently has an opening for a Plate Operator. This individual will operate the plate lift, separates pressed laminate, and stacks the material. Lays up the treated decorative and core material under direction of the Back-Up Operator/Press Operator/Foreman. Performs other tasks as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Retrieves and positions tables of component material to be laid up for the production process
- Inspects component material, plates, and completed laminate. Records rejects
- Lays up the component material and lays off completed laminate according to the production process
- Operate console in break out area
- Handles the movement of stainless steel plates, carrier plates, thermal wire and completed laminate
- Identify the different plate finishes
- Initiates corrective action if production operations are not to standard
- Transfers the thermal wire board, insert the thermal wires and attaches to posts
- Logs production information such as: material produced, type, size, run, control settings, etc
- Moves the pressed material to the Sander Department
- Retrieves corestock from corestock department and tables from sanding department.
- Performs lock-out/tag-out procedures and preventative maintenance checks
- Participates in the Wilsonart Continuous Improvement system
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics sufficient to add and subtract
- Skill in hand and eye coordination
- Skill in operating a lift truck
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to identify patterns and finishes
- Ability to visually detect product imperfections and defects
- Ability to monitor machine operations
High school diploma and or a GED, plus one year of relevant experience.
Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight 50-100 lbs.
Position consists of working rotating shift work to include week-ends.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.