The Materials Management/ Scheduling Supervisor responsibility is for the development and implementation of activities in the production planning to meet quality, inventory control and cost objectives. Other responsibilities include capacity planning and capacity-constrained scheduling. This includes an effective master production schedule that provides a basis for making good use of manufacturing resources, making customer delivery promises, and resolving issues between sales and manufacturing, while attaining the company’s strategic objective as reflected in the sales and operations plan. Perform other tasks as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to:
- Coordinates process for new product introductions and product change requests for the planning/materials management function.
- Manages and adjusts inventory levels on raw material and finished goods as needed to ensure required service levels to the customer while controlling slow and obsolete product reserves.
- Monitor and make recommendations on handling shortages and FBOs.
- Responsible for the MPS to attain the strategic objective as reflected in the SOP. This consists of calculating the daily production requirements to attain the monthly production target, within the constraints determined in the capacity planning for the manufacturing process.
- Organize personnel training and assignments to meet scheduling demands while maintaining quality requirements.
- Oversee Planning functions/personnel for the manufacturing process.
- Coordinate with all departments any production changes they affect to insure continued operations.
- Monitors and reporting problems causing interruptions in production flow and output.
- Interface with the management team and support departments to solve problems.
- Responsible for the mentoring, coaching, and appraisal of personnel.
- Participate in succession planning and strategizing for the department’s growth.
- Oversee areas of operations under the guidelines of the Director of Materials Management and the Director of Operations for the manufacturing facility.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.