Materials Specification Anaylst
Wilsonart in Temple, TX is seeking to fill an opening for a Material Specification Analyst.
The Material Specification Analyst is responsible for configuration management in Oracle R12 and other linked applications. This includes part number and bill-of-material (BOM) creation and maintenance as well as item attribute definition and accountability to standards. This position has broad influence, working closely with design, product management, cost accounting, planning, quality, manufacturing operations, warehousing and procurement.
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependent.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
Essential Job Duties:
- Creation and release coordination of SKUs, BOMs, attributes and routings for product introductions and value-added services
- Ensures correct planning methods and attributes (MRP, min/max) are assigned in Oracle R12 based on planning strategies for raw material, work-in-process and finished goods – implements procedural changes when determined by Production Planning and plant leadership.
- Works closely with Production Planning and Procurement to analyze lead times, cycle times and cost - updating system attributes when necessary
- Acts as an extension of planning when creating BOMs, routing sequence and lead time assignments – proactively communicates planning parameters to the applicable supply chain functions after creation or when updated
- Optimizes BOM structure by developing and maintaining BOM templates
- Routinely reviews and grades BOM, routing and lead time accuracy through comparison of manufacturing data – communicates updates when necessary
- Partners with cost accounting to ensure the system BOM reflects accurate valuation of material and labor components – leads the routine analysis of MUV (material usage variance) and DLV (direct labor variance) and implements changes to material usage and labor requirements when approved by business leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- Strong working knowledge of PC applications.
- Knowledge of inventory control methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of MRPII functionality.
- Knowledge of bills-of-material, structure and attributes.
- Knowledge of production scheduling.
- Sufficient in typing.
- Fluency with algebraic formulas and equations.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a closely related engineering field or Supply Chain
Relevant similar experience will be taken into consideration.
Light work - Tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of up to 20 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.