Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependents.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- PTO Pay
Pay rate for this role starts at: $16.48/hr plus shift premium
Apply now and join our team today!
Position: Packing Associate (Warehouse Assistant I)
Inspect and pack material to fill all customer needs per order in a timely manner. Perform other tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive order to be packed
- Obtain the correct size pallet/skid materials needed
- Locate all material available for the order
- Inspect the material according to quality standards before it is packed
- Measure material, to ensure proper dimensions, square and material accurately reflects what was ordered
- Pack the order according to customer specifications
- Prepare material for shipment per customer specification (example: place of labels, band or prep for wrapping, etc)
- Complete all documentation for order
- Operate platform lift and/or forklift
- Regular attendance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn the safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Ability to learn the NEMA and total quality standards applicable to the Finishing department
- Ability to learn product and packing procedures applicable to job function
- Ability to read customer orders and customer specifications
- Must be able to visually differentiate patterns and colors
- Skilled in hand and eye coordination
- Ability to use and read a tape measure
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience: 1 year of work experience, preferably in manufacturing
Physical requirements: Medium to Heavy Work – tasks involving pushing/pulling and standing or using force equal to handling materials up to 75 pounds plus walking and standing during a minimum of a 10-hour shift. Ability to work around and move across uneven work surfaces.
Environment: Located in an indoor area with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which may cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.