The Process Engineer will develop and improve manufacturing and equipment processes by studying products and manufacturing systems and methods.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate existing processes utilizing tools such as Process Mapping, SIPOC, and FMEA, to identify and prioritize root cause issues.
- Develop improvement/correction plans for identified root causes
- Work collaboratively with Electrical/Mechanical/Project engineering colleagues in analyzing new and existing process equipment to optimize for safety, quality, efficacy and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with Electrical/Mechanical/Project engineering colleagues as well as other stakeholders to resolve customer quality related to manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze and plan work flow, space requirements, equipment layouts, working with QC and other stakeholders to design/develop test methods for finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Stay abreast of current developments in the fields related to our current process and identify improvement/upgrade opportunities that will improve the business.
- Participate in ongoing efforts to organize and maintain technical reference materials, and support information.
- Plan and manage approved projects to successful completion to include vendor quotations, budgeting, preparation of capital project appropriations requests (CPAR), procurement, engineering design, and management of human and capital resources.
- Participate in activities to support Wilsonart’s strategic Sustainability and Lean initiatives.
- Experience in identifying improvement opportunities, evaluating alternative solutions, and justifying the capital required to implement the optimal solution.
- Experience in working as a team member in cross functional groups representing varying perspectives
- Experience in Lean Mfg. principles, systematic problem solving tools, single piece flow, etc.
- Experience with machine or process layout.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar system with a willingness to adapt to an AutoCAD platform.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and analytical form.
- Self- motivated and willing to seek out opportunities for improvement within the framework of overall strategic goals.
- Lead by example as creative and highly innovative self-starter with a demonstrated ability to master the details of manufacturing processes and plant operations.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to develop productive and beneficial business relationships with internal and external individuals/groups.
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or closely related field
Experience: 5+ years of engineering experience in an industrial setting with emphasis on process engineering. Registration as a Texas Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain same a plus.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.