Warehouse Assistant I
Non-exempt / 1
Last reviewed: April 2016
Characteristics of the Class:
Inspect and pack material to fill all customer needs per order. Perform other tasks as required.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receive order to be packed.
2. Obtain the correct size pallet/skid materials needed.
3. Locate all material available for the order.
4. Inspect the material according to quality standards before it is packed.
5. Measure material, to ensure proper dimensions, square and material accurately reflects what was ordered.
6. Pack the order according to customer specifications.
7. Prepare material for shipment per customer specification (ie: place of labels, band or prep for wrapping, etc.)
8. Complete all documentation for the order.
9. Operate platform lift and/or forklift
10. Regular Attendance Required.
Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
High School Graduate or GED
One year of work experience, preferably in manufacturing.
Heavy work. Tasks involves pushing / pulling of material up to 75 lbs, lifting up to 75 lbs from the floor to shoulder level, carrying up to 20 lbs and standing and walking during a minimum ten hour shift. Ability to work around and move across uneven work surfaces.
Located in an environment with regular exposure to fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which cause noticeable discomfort or moderate risk of accident or illness. Examples: engineering, waste mgt, laundry workers and yards/grounds staff
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.