Warehouse Assistant I
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all material from the manufacturing facilities and vendors
- Checks and places materials in the correct bin
- Checks material against the manifest and reports discrepancies
- Informs supervisor and photographs all defective materials
- Cuts down over-sized laminate to fill pending orders
- Reads, interprets, processes and packs orders
- Performs total skid count for loads
- Assists the needs of the customer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn computers sufficient to check inventories
- Ability to learn materials inventoried
- Ability to learn packing techniques
- Ability to learn proper material handling techniques
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to drive a lift truck
- Ability to read and understand customer orders
- Ability to operate a table saw
- Ability to enter data at an acceptable speed
Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight 50 to 100 lbs.
High School Diploma and or GED.
Plus one year relevant warehouse experience. CDL preferred.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.