Product & Sales Manager - Backsplash
Wilsonart is currently seeking a Product & Sales Manager for our newest Backsplash product to join our product marketing team in Temple, TX. The position will be responsible for the development and introduction of product solutions for residential and commercial backsplash applications. Through thoroughly understanding the marketplace, this position will develop and implement specific product management plans (annual and long term) to maximize returns from this portfolio. The selected individual will be accountable for assessing the products and product features needed in the market and the marketing planning for and placement of products launched into the market. In addition, the he or she will champion the sales efforts for the Backsplash category.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market assessments and build a product offering for residential and commercial backsplash products that drives profitable growth for the company
- Clearly define the performance requirements, design offering, industrial design factors, and target markets for backsplash products
- Actively manage the introductions of new products for the backsplash category
- Actively lead the sales effort to drive growth for the backsplash category through IDs, Metros, Big Box, Online, and National Single Family and Multi-Family Builders
- Manage the product road map for the Backsplash category
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in performing competitive analysis and marketing research
- Experience in leading and executing new product introduction process
- Demonstrated success in driving revenue growth through new product introductions
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compelling public speaking skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relations across departments and levels of the organization
- Strong computer proficiency, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted in place of degree.
5+ years experience in Marketing, Sales, or Project Management with a preference in Building Materials or Engineered Surfaces
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting in the same location of standing/walking; required to stoop, climb or lift light material (10-20lbs) or equipment.
ENVIRONMENT: Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature extremes, loud noises and bright lights. Examples: mail clerks, material handlers and food service workers
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.