Manager Operations (San Antonio)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and maintain proper inventory levels for all products using automated computer system devices.
- Manage supervisory personnel.
- Conduct safety inspections and prepare and maintain required documentation.
- Train personnel.
- Negotiate common carrier freight rates.
- Oversee essential office functions.
- Oversee handling of all customer transactions.
- Plan the work assignments.
- Assist the needs of the customer.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations, safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules governing work standards.
- Knowledge of inventory systems and product inventoried.
- Knowledge of warehousing and transportation functions.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Industrial Distribution or other closely related field. One year of experience may be used to substitute one year of education with a maximum substitution of 4 years.
- 4+ years experience as an Operations Manager or Supervisor
- 4+ years experience working with independent distributors
- Experience in a similar industry is a plus
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.