Residential Specification Representative
This position will promote and sell Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces to a variety of buying and non-buying decision-makers including design/build firms, architects, designers, corporate specifiers, K&B dealers, remodelers, both single- & multi-family home builders, and residential B2B prospects and customers. This position will also secure specifications from the professional design community by developing relationships and influencing their purchasing decisions which will broaden the understanding of Wilsonart’s ability to satisfy a variety of their needs.
Essential Competencies Needed for Success in the Job
- The candidate’s sales disposition should include the ability to retain focus in the face of obstacles, be continually driven toward success, increase business volume with all accounts in the territory, and maintain a positive, disciplined and creative approach while engaging people to develop relationships.
- The ability to build trusting relationships by connecting with people, allowing them to meet their objectives that are consistent with the sales objective, while reinforcing their self-worth in a trusting way. Actively be involved in related industry associations, such as the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) and the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), and network to drive sales.
- The ability to add customer equity by becoming a business advisor to the customer; develop and maintain mutually beneficial working business relationships with kitchen and bath dealers, interior designers, builders, remodelers, and key business influencers by helping to make them successful, by understanding all aspects of their business.
- The ability to guide the sales opportunity by interpreting information, clarifying needs, and presenting a value proposition that is competitive and balances the needs of both parties. Links designers and planners to industry fabricators where appropriate, with a view to ensuring immutable specifications.
- The use of appropriate communication styles to gain acceptance of a product, service or idea. The sales ability to persuade and ultimately gain a commitment. Interacts with sales representatives, regional & metro managers, and distribution personnel to maximize results and keep everyone informed.
- Result driven by establishing measurable goals, targeting opportunities and remaining focused and self-disciplined. Effectively use Wilsonart’s Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce) tool; documentation to include account data, sales call itineraries and activity, project opportunities, revenue potential for Wilsonart products and job tracking.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the complete product line and its marketing performance.
- Effectively educate and sell on product attributes and differentiators.
- Help customers understand the value, quality, and history of the brand.
- Experience with marketing, sales, and specification principles.
- Provide samples for specific projects and update clients with all Wilsonart designs, marketing materials, and contact information.
- Actively use all social media channels Wilsonart participates in to promote the brand and product.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Effective time management skills and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Proactively plan and schedule sales calls.
- Ability to make professional public presentations.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written formats with all levels of our organization and customers.
- Ability to travel within an established territory to build and continue relationships with new and existing customers. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Be available to meet with customers daily, or at events (i.e. Wilsonart or industry-sponsored), sometimes outside normal business hours.
- Accurately collect and update customer information through CRM (Salesforce) on a daily basis.
- Ensure market development to maximize sales within the market by developing quarterly and annual territory sales plans to direct efforts and calibrate progress.
- Proactively be an expert in industry standards and regulatory codes, always aware of changes happening in the marketplace.
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- Maintain business expense receipts and submit expense reports for reimbursement on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in business-to-business sales or marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Smartsheet) suites of software, Concur, and Salesforce preferred.
- Travel to customers, Trade shows, associations and trips to Temple, Texas for training.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to deliver samples and trade show materials.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.