Wilsonart in Dallas, Texas currently has openings for Warehouse Assistants.
These individuals will perform warehousing functions to produce finished panel goods with material from the manufacturing facilities. Fills customer orders, inspects material and packs material for shipment as needed in the assigned department/location. Performs other tasks as required.
Wilsonart is a company on the move.
An international company built on big ideas. We are made up of exceptional people relentlessly pursuing innovation. We are proud of our company and how we serve our customers. We work hard to deserve the trust of our customers, our peers, and our planet. We are willing to talk openly about the challenges and obstacles we face; we are open to new ideas and collaboration on how to be even better. We are passionate about what we do and where we’re going as a company.
At Wilsonart, we invest to help ensure you remain healthy:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Company provided short and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Daycare Spending Account
- Optional Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Legal
- Gym Membership Discounts and Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement for Employees and their Dependents
- Wellness Clinics – On Site (Temple, TX and Fletcher, NC locations)
- At Wilsonart, employees receive a very competitive 401(k) matching contribution
At Wilsonart, we support employees in developing their skills and providing advancement opportunities:
- Promotions and Transfers
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Training and Development
- Educational reimbursement for you and your dependents.
At Wilsonart, we understand the importance of balance in your life. Therefore we provide:
- Holiday Pay
- Accrued Paid Vacation upon hire
- Paid Time Off during first year of hire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives all material from the manufacturing facilities and vendors
- Checks and places materials in the correct bin
- Checks material against the manifest and reports discrepancies
- Informs supervisor and photographs all defective materials
- Cuts down over-sized laminate and core to fill pending orders
- Reads, interprets, processes and packs orders
- Assists the needs of the customer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn materials inventoried
- Ability to learn packing techniques
- Ability to learn proper material handling techniques
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to drive a lift truck
- Ability to read and understand customer orders
- Ability to learn to operate a panel saw
- Ability to trim excess laminate off of panels on an as needed basis
High School Graduate or GED
1 year of work history
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy weight (>50 lbs) Examples: grounds staff and EMS
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.