ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, and repairs complex wiring circuits and distribution systems to applicable codes for new equipment/repairs.
- Installs and maintains complex mechanical, electrical and electronic components of varied equipment
- Diagnoses complex mechanical and electrical troubles and breakdowns. Performs necessary repairs and replaces all electrical apparatus as needed to continue production.
- Install, Troubleshoot and Maintain industrial components, controls, instrumentation and industrial control wiring.
- Works from complex wiring diagrams, codebooks, and similar documents.
- Operates production equipment to check work as required.
- Installs/programs/repairs programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Continue to train others as needed.
- Good predictive analysis and preventative maintenance skills
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the plant.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certified in the related mechanic, electrical or electronics field, five years of solid, direct electrical experience in an industrial environment and working experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, programmable drives, and servo drive systems. Must have extensive experience operating and programming PLC’s, drives and controllers. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code is required. Experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and National Electrical Code.
- Knowledge of electrical principles. Knowledge of wiring schematics. Knowledge of use and repairs of PLC control systems. Knowledge in computers sufficient to utilize word processors, spreadsheets, and PLC interface applications. Demonstrated ability to continue learning new and complex programs.
- Knowledge of standard mechanical procedures necessary to repair and maintain equipment.
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written forms.
- Ability to be comfortable and safety conscious when operating machinery. Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve problems. Knowledge of welding and cutting.
- Knowledge of waste disposal.
Heavy work - tasks involve pushing/pulling, lifting and standing or using force equal to handling materials of 50 to 100 pounds.
Wilsonart is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.